The Le Freak is my solid body, bolt on neck model.
The design is a hommage to the great 60’s bolt on neck guitars. Not only inspired by the classics from the US, also the great sixties shapes produced all over the world.
Using the best available wood that can be found is used for the Le Freak model. Mostly thermo treated or sometimes old stock air dried tonewood.
The neck is attached to the solid body with four screws. This gives me the freedom in using different kinds of bridge designs (or other hardware) by just altering the neck angle.
I endeavour to make guitars that are comfortable to play. A well balanced design is a joy. I’m not only talking about Tone. A not too heavy instrument that sits great on your lap. And it must hang in perfect playing position around your shoulder when performing live.
- Body: Thermo basswood, Swamp Ash or Alder
- Neck: Thermo Treated Maple
- Nut: Bone (42mm width)
- Fretboard: Rosewood, Zirikote, Ebony or Maple
- Headstock overlay: Crelicam Exotic Ebony
- Headstock logo: MOP
- Finish: Nitro Cellulose/PolyUtheraan
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Fretboard radius: 9.5″
- Frets: 18% nickel/silver
- Bridge: TOM, Tele or Strat design
- Tailpiece/Trem: Stratocaster trem or Les Trem are optional
- Switch: blade
- Tuners: Kluson
- Pickups: TV Jones or Bare Knuckle/…
- Price: Custom orders start at 2200€