The RootSter is my carved top, chambered body and set neck guitar model.
I designed the RootSter model by marrying craft for the vintage vibe and knowledge for the tone. Sprinkled over some 3D printed technology because it adds great dynamics.
3D Printed Hardware
The most important reason I use 3D printing is the freedom of steering the instrument’s sound in a certain direction, a lively ringing sound and good dynamics.
Bridge is printed in Aluminum or Titanium.
AlSi10Mg and TiAl6V4 are strong and low weight materials. It’s printed by sintering aluminum or titanium powder together with a laser to produce metal parts that are equally as good as machined models.
Pickuprings are Alumide.
Alumide is a strong, fairly rigid plastic material which is slightly porous and resistant to high temperatures (130°C). It’s a blend of polyamide (PA 12) powder and a very low percentage of aluminum powder. The aluminum gives the material a matte, metallic-looking surface with a subtle sparkle.
Chambered body for a loud voice, pronounced carved top tuned for timbre and dovetailed set neck joint for a solid and stabilised construction. So this will result in a reliable and good sounding instrument.
- Body: Available woods: Spanish Cedar and Red Wood
- Top: Available woods: Spruce and Red Wood
- Neck: Available woods: Spanish Cedar and Maple
- Nut: Bone (42mm width)
- Fretboard: Available woods: Rosewood, Zirikote and Maple
- Headstock overlay: Crelicam Exotic Ebony and Maple
- Headstock logo: MOP acrylic
- Finish: Nitro Cellulose/PolyUtheraan
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Fretboard radius: 12″
- Frets: 18% nickel/silver
- Bridge: 3D printed Aluminium or Titanium
- Tailpiece/Trem: 3D printed Aluminium or Titanium/Bigsby
- Switch: Deluxe toggle switch with gold plated contacts
- Tuners: Schaller GrandTune or Kluson
- Pickups: TV Jones or Bare Knuckle/…
- Case: Hardcase
- Price: Starts at 2998€ VAT incl.
If you like to try a Hilko Guitar please visit our Dealer Page and see what they have in stock. Not finding what you’re looking for ask for a Custom order so you can choose your options.